Major Marco APPODIA was born in Subiaco (Rome) on April 12th, 1974.
During his life, He got: a Chartered accountant qualification, a bachelor’s degree in “Organization and Management”, a Master’s degree in “Communication and Public Relations in Business and International Organizations”, a Master’s degree in “Strategic Studies and Diplomatic Sciences”, a post-lauream course in “Leadership”, and a post-lauream course in "Explosive and Energetic Materials for Security management”.
Advanced Education & Training (in Italy)
Previous Assignment (in Italy)
Advanced Education & Training (abroad - NATO/EU Nations)
Previous Assignment (National Tasks abroad)
Decorations and recognitions
- Medal of Honour for long command (silver):
- Golden Cross for length of service (seniority) (25 years);
- Commemorative Medal for participation at mission abroad: Afghanistan 2003;
- Commemorative Cross for participation at Operations Other Than War;
- Commemorative Cross for participation at Humanitarian Assistance Operations: Iraq 2004;
- Bronze Medal for merit during Civil Protection Operations in Italy;
- Commemorative Cross for Homeland Security Operations;
- NATO Commemorative Medal: Afghanistan (2003-2010);
- UN Commemorative Medal: South Lebanon (2009);
- Commemorative Medal of NATO EOD Centre of Excellence “Assisting in Saving Lives”;
- “Deutsches Sportabzeichen” and “Leistungsabzeichen der bundeswehr”;
- Skydiver’s Certification;
- Military driving Instructor and Instructor of Phisical Training and Ski and art of fighting in mountains.
Language proficiency levels
English: LWSR 4 3 3 3 (in accordance with NATO STANAG 6001).
French: personal knowledge.