It is a pleasure to announce that the special issue:
Industrial Automation and Control System Cybersecurity in Industry 4.0 Era towards CBRNe Protection (link: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/applsci/special_issues/54TZX9MA71)
is now active in the "Applied Science Journal (MDPI)" and will be on the 6 issues that will host also papers from the SICC Series CBRNe Conference 2023 (the call for abstracts is open till 30 of May 2023: https://www.sicc-series.com/abstract-submission-sicc-2023/).
The guest editors for this special issue are Prof. Oleg Illiashenko and Prof. Andrea Malizia.
Brief description of the special issue:
Cybersecurity is becoming crucial, as more IACSs are being made available in cyberspace. As recent events have demonstrated, cyberspace must be considered the new theatre of warfare and has the potential to undermine the stability of a country. Cyber-warfare and cyberterrorism were coined to better describe this threat and there is growing concern among governments that they are not fully ready to face such an emerging menace. In this scenario, CBRNe intelligence will play an extremely important role in preventing the malicious use of an otherwise beneficial asset.
This Special Issue focuses on cybersecurity aspects for IACS, particularly in the context of Industry 4.0
The scope of this Special Issue includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- CBRNe events prediction and management for Industry 4.0 IACS;
- IACS cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities problems and protection;
- Cyber-physical systems security for CBRNe protection (sensors, hardware, software, DSS);
- AI, DT and blockchain for enhancing cybersecurity and safety of IACS;
- IoT, AI, smart sensors and systems applications for emergencies prevention and risk reduction during disasters and post-emergency monitoring;
- AI, ML and data analytics for controlling and securing IACS: prediction, prevention, detection, tolerance, recovery, and relearning;
- IoT and AI as objects and/or tools and/or protection mechanisms for cyberattacks development;
- Privacy issues in IoT;
- CBRNe protection, including attacks detection, diagnosis, classification and response;
- Critical infrastructure risks and control, cybersecurity architectures, protocols and frameworks for IACS.
Write a comment